Last Updated: July 25, 2018
Caron Products values you as our customer and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Caron for data that we collect:
- Through the website (www.caronproducts.com) operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (the “Website”)
- Through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- Through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your other communications with us
- Through our global network of third-party service and sales affiliates (collectively, our “Channel Partners”)
Collectively, we refer to the Website and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
What personal data:
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
At touchpoints throughout our customer relationship, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Financial information in limited circumstances
- Employer details
- Geolocation information
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Channel Partners, you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How we collect:
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you purchase parts or consumables from our Website, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey.
- Customer Service. We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us by phone, email, or fax. Voice communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Channel Partners. We collect Personal Data from companies with whom we partner to provide you with maintenance, repair, installation, and validation services. We also collect Personal Data from companies through who Caron distributes Goods & Services.
- Other Sources. We collect Personal Data from other sources, such as trade show contact lists, trade groups, public databases, and other third parties.
How we use:
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with Goods and Services, to develop new offerings and to protect Caron Products, as defined below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Goods and Services.
We and our Channel Partners use Personal Data and Other Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- Assess business-to-business credit terms for sales of Goods and Services
- Provide the Goods & Services you request. We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide the Goods & Services you request, including:
- Establish appropriate payment terms
- Facilitate product delivery
- Facilitate payment
- Send administrative information, and delivery confirmations or pre-arrival messages
- Manage our contractual relationship with you
- Communicate with you about Goods & Services according to your Personal Preferences.
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys.
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Who we share with:
We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party Channel Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Channel Partners include:
- Service providers. Includes companies that provide unit installation, repair, qualification and validation, and preventative maintenance.
- Distribution providers. Includes companies that sell Caron’s Goods & Services, both inside and outside the US, through their proprietary websites, catalogs, and other means.
- Financial institutions. Banks or credit rating organizations
Caron will never sell your Personal Data to any third parties, for any purpose.
How we retain:
We will retain your information for as long as your organizational account is active, your information is needed to provide you services, or as required to fulfill our legal obligations.
How to access, change, opt-out:
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by law), you can contact us at , or by mail:
Caron Products and Services
PO Box 715
Marietta, Ohio, 45750
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data, especially those relating to unit ownership and services contracts, for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
Caron uses reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data we collect from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the internet, however, or within other methods of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, on or through the Services or otherwise to us, any Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., Social Security numbers, national identification number, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, ideological or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, trade union membership, or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions).
The Goods & Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
The “Last Updated” header at the top of this document indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Online Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.